April in Boston this year has been fairly cold, but hopefully spring should be here soon. This month I have been feeling very sick which is why I did not post at all this month but I am going to try to get back to a regular schedule very soon! Read on for this months favorites!
- Soapboxing. This series on Refinery29’s youtube channel is simply awesome. The videos are funny but cover important topics with great presentation. Highly recommend!
- Flexible Cold Wraps. I have been having lots of headaches recently and regular hard ice back aren’t that great for wrapping around your head. Flexible icepacks are great for head and neck (or for wrapping around a leg or arm injury) and the ones I have can also be heated up in the microwave for heat relief.
- Mask of Magnaminty. This face mask from LUSH is amazing. I used to use it a lot but I hadn’t bought it in a while. I was at LUSH a few weeks ago and decided to pick it up. It’s super refreshing on my skin and makes me feel like my skin is SUPER clean. It also gives a light exfoliation which is always appreciated. I bought the smaller size since LUSH products do expire. And applying it with a brush also helps me use less at a time so the pot lasts longer and I can apply it much more neatly.
- Salt Water Toner. I ran out of my salt water toner and switched to another one that I had because I didn’t feel like making more. The other toner works great for controlling my oily/combination skin, but the salt water toner rescues my skin from breakouts. My skin is looking and feeling great thanks to this salt water/and Mask of Magnaminty combo.
- Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At the Disco
- Victorious by Panic! At the Disco
- Hallelujah by Panic! At the Disco
- House of Memories by Panic! At the Disco
- I’m Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You by Black Kids
That’s it for this month. I will do my best to get some more posts up but you can always subscribe by email (check out the sidebar) to get email notifications whenever I post!
This month I went to Italy with my school for a week and a half over spring break. It was such an amazing trip and it was great to have a break from all the school work. But I am back at school next Monday, but there is only 2 months left of classes thankfully! Despite my busy traveling, I have found some new favorites for this month!
- EOS. Over my trip I didn’t want to take my overnight lip balm since it is so thick it comes out white-ish, so I just brought my EOS and it kept my lips from being super chapped while I was away!
- Backpacks. I brought my denim backpack from American Apparel with me on my trip which I think is a great size for traveling and is also a bit cuter than my regular school backpack. While I was on my trip I bought a mini black leather backpack which I am in love with. It is more purse sized so if I am going out shopping or for lunch with friends I can fit everything I need with out a huge bag.
- Video. I have become obsessed with this video of Matthew Healy of the 1975 singing acoustic versions of 2 of my favorite songs. I only really listen to the first 2 songs he plays in the video (Sex and Chocolate), but he plays another song at the end. The first song is especially beautiful acoustic.
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. I read this book while I was away. It was a cute book and I really enjoyed the narrator, Simon. It was a quick and light read that wasn’t completely mindless, which I really liked.
- Never Be Like You (feat. Kai) by Flume
- 1901 by Phoenix
- The Big Bang by Rock Mafia
- Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At the Disco
- She Way Out by the 1975
February has not been all that exciting for me, but I have busy with sports, school and NITASA. I finished up managing the JV basketball team at my school which I did with a friend which was actually kind of fun. I also went to my first hockey game with some friends and I found out I am a fan of the sport (who knew?). Now that you’re all caught up, read on for this months favorites!
- Naked Juices. I love the ‘Green Machine’ juice. It’s sweet but still makes me feel like I’m being healthy.
- Madam Secretary. I found this show on Netflix and I finished the season in roughly 2 weeks. Very interesting and I recognized some of the actors which is always very excited.
- Adobe Draw. This is the app version of Illustratr from what I have seen. A friend of mine showed me this app you can make some cool images on it. I have been adding a photo layer and then coloring on top. Here is the first one that I have actually finished
- Scream from High School Musical 3
- Come As You Are by Nirvana
- Different Colors by Walk the Moon
- Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects
Also a heads up that March may not have as many posts because I will be in Italy for 2 weeks! I will do my best to pre-write and schedule posts during the time I will be away!
I know I haven’t written a post in such a long time! I had exams this month and some other things I was working on and I wanted to plan out some new posts. But finally here is my very first post of 2016!
- attn. This website has some really interesting and entertaining articles. Articles are often linked within articles so beware if you are a procrastinator!
- Kindle. I have been reading quite a bit this month! This is my second year doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge, and I am already ahead of schedule. This year I am upping my goal to 45 books; I read roughly 42 last year.
- This Pillow. I actually just got this pillow and it is so comfortable. I have been congested recently, and it helps me sit up a bit more so I can breath while I’m sleeping. Which is a really good thing.
- Rollercoaster by Bleachers
- Heroes by David Bowie
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears
- Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay
- Sex by the 1975
I promise I will do my best to go back to posting once a week (Sundays most likely). I have a DIY coming up next week which I did some prep work for yesterday. I am going to do my best to come out with fun and original content this year. If you have any suggestions (broad or specific) please please leave them in the comments!
I am so glad to be able to write a blog post! I haven’t been able to sit down and write a new post since I have been so busy with school work and sports (I decided to manage the JV basketball at my school). I had 2 papers and tests as well and I have also been sick for the past month. You could say I’m exhausted. I am hoping to do more ‘production’ posts (DIYs, recipes, etc) in the new year, but I have been in a bit of a dry spell of ideas, but I will start more substantial posts as soon as I can! Anyways, here is the last monthly favorites of this year!!
- Blah Therapy. I used to use this website a lot, but then there chat sever went down. I recently started using it again since the servers are back up. I have had some really funny and interesting conversations, but beware of creepy strangers and please use the anonymous feature; I speak from experience! And if you are connected with a creepy stranger, disconnect.
- Pigment. This app is a virtual coloring book. What can be better. At the moment I am working on a peacock, a reptile and a holiday design. Quite fun I will say.
- Hair Oil. My hair Has been very dry recently so I have used a hair oil when I get out of the shower and also did a oil treatment overnight. Makes a world of difference, especially for bleached hair like mine.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Trader Joe’s has amazing snacks. Pretty much any snack from there will do.
- No music favorites this month… my library got deleted and I have been trying to build it back up. Very slow process…
Happy holidays to everyone! And I will try to find some ideas for some posts.
This month has been busy with school and sports for me! I have a few weeks left of field hockey and then I will hopefully be able to work more on NITASA. I also joined my school’s Mock Trial team, and have been working on that quite a bit in addition to all my school work. Nothing too eventful happened this month, but hopefully things will get more interesting with the holidays coming up! Now onto this months favorites.
- Sneakers. These are the sneakers I wear for field hockey, and they are very comfy. I have had a few late games so I had to wear them after school before my game, and they are great. Light but supportive and I love the colors!
- LUSH Bubble Bars. This month I have been taking baths quite a bit to sooth my muscles. I prefer bubble bars to bath bombs because I just think bubbles are way more fun. One of my favorite fall ones is ‘Sparkly Pumpkin’! Just beware the glitter….
- None of the Above. This book was addicting and very interesting to read. The narrator’s thoughts through out the process of finding out she is intersex make you really think about what it must feel like. I highly recommend this book!
- Breeze blocks by Alt-J
- La La by The Cab
- Can’t Help by Parachute
- Whatsername by Green Day
- Memories by Petit Biscuit
- La Guagua by Juan Luis Guerra
Thats it’s for this months favorites! Let me know if you have any specific post ideas or broader suggestions!
I have been fairly busy with school and sports lately, but I’m glad I have been able to keep up on NITASA! I can’t wait for the colder weather, but I am enjoying the last weeks of summer. I want to do some fall themed posts soon, so comment if you have any ideas! Read on for this months favorites!
- White Marble. I’ve seen white marble everywhere recently, and I think it’s gorgeous. Even though it’s black and white, the texture makes it very unique. It’s been my laptop’s background recently!
- Perks of Being a Wallflower (Book and Movie). I have been wanting to read this book for so long, but never got around to it. I absolutely loved it. I saw the movie a few years back, but I wish I didn’t. The book and movie are actually pretty different, to me at least. I felt like the message of the movie and the book didn’t completely match up, though the events were not changed drastically (thankfully) but some from the book were left out. (Some of my song favorite from this month are from the movie)
- Lavender Oil. I was on vacation in Croatia 2 years ago and visited an island called Hvar. Hvar is famous for their lavender, so I got a bottle of lavender oil. It is amazing for your skin. My field hockey season has just started up again, so my skin is in need of some TLC.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer. Speaking of skin care, I found by thoroughly moisturizing my skin with this lotion my face began to clear up. Sounds odd since most acne products work by drying out acne, but my skin responded to the spot treatment I was using better when I properly moisturized it.
- Not Always Right. This is a hilarious website that features (mainly) funny stories from people who work in retail. Check it out if you need a laugh!
- Come On Eileen by Denys Midnight Runners
- Asleep by The Smiths
- Move Along by The All-American Rejects
- Settle Down by The 1975
- A-Punk by Vampire Weekend
- Can’t Help by Parachute
- Anna Sun by Walk the Moon
- The Love Club by Lorde
- Chocolate by the 1975
- Sugar, We’re Goin Down by Fall Out Boy
If you haven’t already, follow the NITASA instagram! The link is in the menu on the right. Also, I have been thinking of changing the WordPress theme for NITASA. If you have any suggestions of (preferably free) themes, please comment below.
Summer is over! I’ve had a full three months off so I am ready to go back to school. I’ve been able to work on NITASA and have kept up with my schedule fairly well this past summer. Unfortunately, I do not know how well I will be able to stay on schedule with school starting as I am entering high school. I will do my best to keep up with interesting posts! I will be the busiest up until around the beginning of November, as this is the only season I play a sport. Thank you in advance for understanding that NITASA may have posts less often for the next few months. I promise I will do my best to keep up with posts! Read on for this months favorites!
1. Earrings. These earrings from MIRTA are very comfortable and have a unique look. I have very sensitive ears, so I can’t wear earrings with backs for more than a day at a time. These earrings don’t have a back, but still create a similar look to a stud type earring. Highly recommend.
2. Yogurt. I recently got braces, and during the first week I could only eat soft foods. I ate the Stonyfield yogurt in french vanilla and peach all the time. They are the perfect creamy texture and taste great.
3. Google Calendar. Since I’m not in school at the moment, my days have a looser schedule. Using Google Calendar has helped me stay on time for appointments and keep up with summer assignments.
4.Neosporin. The Neosporin Lip Health Overnight Renewal Therapy has saved my lips. Like I mentioned, I just had my braces put on. My EOS chap sticks are great, but having to push on my lips hurt since they had some cuts. Also getting the braces on stretched my lips a bit as they have to keep your mouth open wide so they can put on the braces. This lip balm has made my lips very soft. I just wish it had a flavor!
5. Whitaker’s Words. This is a very odd favorite, but one that has been very helpful. I am taking Latin this upcoming school year, and I had to complete a review packet for it. While I remembered most of the information we were reviewing, this Latin-English/English-Latin dictionary had helped tremendously. The translations are very accurate and gives you details about the word.
- The Carpal Tunnel of Love by Fall Out Boy
- Move Along by The All-American Rejects
- Girls by The 1975
- Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend
- A-Punk by Vampire Weekend
- Diplomat’s Son by Vampire Weekend
- Walcott [Insane Mix] by Vampire Weekend
- Hannah Hunt by Vampire Weekend
Summer is almost finished! During July I went on vacation to France, Belgium and Amsterdam, which were all amazing places. I also started camp and had some relaxing days. I need to catch up on some sleep but I managed to put together some monthly favorites for this month!
1. PhotoShop Elements. I use this program at camp and have made some interesting images. Previously I have used Pixlr, as mentioned in my last post. I dowloaded a trial and think I might buy the full version from Amazon.
2. Denim Backpack. I brought this backpack with me on my trip and have also been taking it to camp and I have to say I am in love with it. It is a great size and is very comfortable to wear. It doesn’t have very many pockets though, but it does have one smaller pocket.
3. Blue Lightning TV. I have used this YouTube channel for a few PhotoShop tutorials. The videos are nicely narrated and are pretty clear. It can be confusing at times because I’m not an expert at PhotoShop, but seeing his screen makes it much easier.
4. Songs. I haven’t listened to very many songs this month, but rather listening to a short playlist of songs over and over. Believe it or not I have not gotten tired of any of the songs yet!
- Sex by The 1975
- Chocolate by The 1975
- Settle Down by The 1975
- Robbers by The 1975
- Girls by The 1975
- Heart Out by The 1975
- Reflections by Misterwives
This months list was a bit shorter than my previous ones, but I hope you enjoyed it all the same!